From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Batik and memory consumption
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 21:06:47 GMT
On 04.11.2008 21:39:33 Lars Eirik Rønning wrote:
> I will do that once i get back to the office.
> In terms of memory consumption how many mb do you think i need to allocate
> the process which handles large images such as 12mega pixels?

If there's no color profile and you're not doing any SVG filtering and
you're producing PDF, not more than a few kilobytes (some metadata plus
some I/O buffers). I've just successfully run a test where I put a JPEG
(7634x6745 px) in an SVG file and converted it to a PDF using FOP 0.95
and -Xmx16M.

Jeremias Maerki