From "G. Wade Johnson" <gwa...@anomaly.org>
Subject Re: Issue with handling JSVGCanvas updates asynchronous
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 21:50:34 GMT
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:53:04 +0000
"Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> As far as I know, this number of changes will be typically more
> >> than feasible for Batik.
>
> > However, 80 changes a second is not impossible for Batik.
>
> Oops, sounds that my writing wasn't very clear (or, at least, not
> clear enough). ;-)

I understood you. I guess I wasn't clear enough in supporting your
statement.<grin/>

> With "more than feasible for Batik" I wasn't meaning it was
> overwhelming for it, on the contrary: my results show that this is
> generally accomplished even more efficiently than other native
> implementations such as modern Web browsers (Firefox, Opera, Webkit).
> Processor usage is kept pretty low and memory consumed is good as
> well, both in absolute values and in comparison to other
> implementations. :-)

As further confirmation, my tests covered Batik, Firefox, and Opera. I
was quite pleasantly surprise by how they all performed. But, in a few
cases, Batik's performance left me stunned.

After I finish this write-up, I plan more tests to push the the edges a
bit more. I'd like to be able to show what kinds of operations have
a negative performance impact and how many operations at a time we can
manage.

G. Wade
--
The man who says he is willing to meet you halfway is usually a poor
judge of distance.                                -- Laurence J. Peter