From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:52:55 GMT
> SO, I wanted to know what part of my code I have to change, for import only
> a "g" element.

Did you mean to append only a "g" element?

This seems to be a general DOM question. Although I don't have
expertize using Batik's facilities, I'd suggest something like the
following (untested code):

Element newGroup = root.createElementNS(null, "g");
newGroup.setAttributeNS(null, "transform", TRANSFORM_GOES_HERE);
root.appendChild(newGroup);

Note that you are currently using DOM level 1 methods - using DOM
level 2 methods (*NS) is a good practice [1].

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://jwatt.org/svg/authoring/#namespace-aware-methods