From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MediaWiki problems - Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from batik-rasterizer.jar
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 14:51:24 GMT
> I'm assuming that this means that mediawiki is correctly configured to use
> batik, and I'm reasonably sure I have the correct JRE installed, but beyond
> this I am pretty stumped.

I'd suggest trying to run the rasterizer [1] stand-alone to make sure
this is true.

> any instructions on how to properly set up batik for mediawiki would also be
> greatly appreciated, or just any suggestions

I haven't found any also, at least not in a quick search. Only small
bit about having the converter withing the system path and configuring
an appropriate variable [2]:

«If the converter program is not in the system path, you have to
specify the directory that contains the program using
$wgSVGConverterPath.»

If no one suggests a better tutorial, I'd suggest adding your current
procedure to either the mediawiki wiki [3] or the Batik wiki [4]
(possibly into a new subsection within the "How To" page).

Hope this helps,

  Helder Magalhães

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/tools/rasterizer.html
[2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Image_Administration#SVG