From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot build rasterizertask
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:33:15 GMT
> After much fighting with ant to figure out how to add stuff to
> the classpath, I finally got ant to detect it,
> but it throws a NullPointerException when I try to call rasterize.

Wow, it sounds like you are seriously messing with the rasterizer.
Just downloading Batik's source [1], applying the patch I've created
(note there's an updated version available) and performing "build
compile" for Batik and, in a different console, "build compile" for
rasterizer task should be sufficient. The "different console" thing is
relevant, as Batik overrides "ANT_HOME" if it doesn't exist (I'm
thinking in a way to solve this minor issue). Also, if you want to use
Ant shipped with Batik, "ANT_HOME" environment variable shouldn't be
defined.

But, if you insist in fighting... Note that (already stated):
NOTE: Due the internal changes in Ant itself the rasterizer task may not
 work if the Ant in use is a different version from the Ant used to build
 the task. Use the same Ant version to build and to execute task to avoid
 strange problems.

This may explain the weird behavior. If it doesn't, please try to open
the file you are trying to rasterize using Batik Squiggle - if it
doesn't open, then the problem is not within rasterizer task (and you
should start worrying about the content you intend to rasterize). ;-)

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/download.cgi#Subversion+repository