From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Batik SVGCanvas still active after GC
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:42:53 GMT
> 1)       Currently I add Batik SVGCanvas object to a Jpanel (which I add to

As far as I know, this has to do with the order by witch objects are
destroyed [1].

> 2)       Whenever a svg file with viewbox defined is loaded/resized the svg

This can be achieved through setting the canvas background (within the
Java environment [2]) and/or using a very large rectangle (within SVG
environment [3]).

I'd suggest a quick crawl through the mailing list as a good practice
[4], as most common questions are already answered there (many times
with detailed instructions) - it was what I did to reply! :-) Mailing
list archive services, such as Nabble [5], provide an alternative
(maybe more user-friendly) access to the mailing list in case one
isn't fond with the official mailing list frontend [6]. ;-)

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Batik-Memory-Leak-in-Applet-td19536209.html#a19584953
[2] http://www.nabble.com/Background-of-the-JSVGCanvas--td1374277.html#a1376971