From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Batik rendering issues
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:46:13 GMT
> The problem is that while sometimes it renders perfectly, as the transform
> changes various parts of the SVG image fail to be drawn onto the
> BufferedImage and you get weird effects.  The most common thing is for the
> text elements to be missing, but sometimes it misses out other parts of the
> image too.  This isn't a predictable thing, it doesn't seem to be
> replicatable per se - sometimes a given transform will work, sometimes it
> won't!  The first screenshot shows it working as intended, the second shows
> it with a problem...

Weird/unpredictable behavior? This sounds like another attack of a
general misuse of Batik [1] (I noticed several manipulations through
code but I couldn't find any reference to the UpdateManager [2]). :-D

Sorry if my assumption is wrong (I only took a quick look at the code,
no decent analysis made). ;-)

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-batik-users/200811.mbox/%3C2a1ddf8a0811250538r3bb6a2baree882e07c3b89b25@mail.gmail.com%3E