From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: animatable image problem (access denied)
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 21:07:27 GMT
> $ squiggle
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad
> version number in .class file

Weird, sounds like you are hitting a JRE/JDK version conflict. Try
cleaning your local working copy - I'm assuming a SVN check out -
(using "build clean") and then try building/running squiggle again
(using "build squiggle" for example).

> $ java -jar batik-squiggle.jar
> Locking assertion failure.  Backtrace:

May you be trying to run this in some privileged directory? Have you
tried executing with root permissions (using "sudo java ...") mostly
to for sure? This may also help clarifying if it's not just some
obscure Java/Batik permission setting.

Hope this helps,

  Helder Magalhães