From IsmAvatar <cmag...@nni.com>
Subject Re: Cannot build rasterizertask
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 23:15:16 GMT
> This may explain the weird behavior. If it doesn't, please try to open
> the file you are trying to rasterize using Batik Squiggle - if it
> doesn't open, then the problem is not within rasterizer task (and you
> should start worrying about the content you intend to rasterize). ;-)

Ok, going ahead with the squiggle idea, I type "build squiggle",
it starts launching, shows the splash screen, and then while the
splash screen is there, it also shows a popup that says:

"SVG Error: java.lang.NullPointerException" [More Details] [OK]
I click "More Details" and it says this:

org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXIOException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createSVGDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.batik.bridge.DocumentLoader.loadDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGDocumentLoader.run(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:524)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:305)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:442)
	... 6 more

Ant since you're probably going to quote the ant version thing again, here's the command it
executed:
"C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.6.0_10"\bin\java.exe  -classpath "C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.6
.0_10"\lib\tools.jar;.\lib\build\ant-1.6.5.jar;.\lib\build\ant-launcher-1.6.5.ja
r;.\lib\build\crimson-1.1.3.jar org.apache.tools.ant.Main -emacs -Dant.home=. sq
uiggle -Dargs="       "
So you can see that it is using 1.6.5 (I even uninstalled my other ant version)
I didn't even get to specify which image to load, the error seems to be with batik
itself not liking my computer or simple build commands or what have you.

Any tips on how to fix it now? If you need any other information, I'd be more than happy
to share if it helps fix this :-)
-IsmAvatar