From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <michael.bishop....@jfcom.mil>
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 15:40:53 GMT
Shouldn't that last line be:

root.appendChild(elementToinsert, true)?  Your "ele" variable is initialized to a root element
which would be the <svg> element.

Michael

________________________________

From: control_batik [mailto:a20022065@pucp.edu.pe]
Sent: Wed 11/5/2008 10:20 AM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
a single file

Hi all,

I use these lines to add a <g> tag into a new <svg> tag:

final Element root = basedocument.getDocumentElement();
final Element ele = newGraphElement.getRootelement();
elementToinsert = (Element)
newGraphElement.getRootelement().getElementsByTagName("g").item(0);
elementToinsert.setAttribute("transform", "translate("
newGraphElement.getPosX()   ","   newGraphElement.getPosY()   ")");
root.appendChild(basedocument.importNode(ele, true));

They work perfectly. I use "transform" to insert the element in a
specific location.
I save the generated svg file using DOMUtilities.writeDocument.
When I open the file with Inkscape it looks ok.

When I use the same code to insert the generated file into a empty svg file,
I saw that only one element its located correctely (I use a JSVGCanvas), and
the
others elements are located in the 0,0 position.

I open the generated file in a text editor, I see that  the number of svg
tags are as much as I insert a <g> tag with code before.

So, that explains why only the first inserted element is located well , the
atribute transform only moves the first svg tag in the file.

the question is, How can i insert only a <g> tag instead of a  <svg> tag?
.

the generated file has this structure:

I want something like this:
<svg>