From Bastian Wassermann <Bastian.Wasserm...@multivac.de>
Subject Issue with handling JSVGCanvas updates asynchronous
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:53:32 GMT
I have a problem with updates on my JSvgCanvas.

I am using Batik Version 1.7 in Java 1.4.2, and have an general issue with
the JSvgCanvas updateManager. In my Applikation i handle a Svg-document
with round about 500 Elements. These Elements get Attribute changes (for
example the color or the visibility) by events from java. Every event will
be processed in an invokeLater thread in the updateManager.
There will be about 80 Threads with attribute changes in one second. With
this amount of threads and the threads processed with invokeLater, some
events will be obviously shown delayed, but should show synchronously in
blocks.

Are 80 changes per second to much for batik? Is there a way to combine
these attribute changes to one big update. I have googled and looked up
this issue in this mailing list, but havent found a solution.

---------------------
Multivac Info Box
multivac@multivac.de
---------------------

Multivac
Sepp Haggenmueller GmbH & Co. KG
Bahnhofstrasse 4
D-87787 Wolfertschwenden
Deutschland

Fon: +49(0)8334/601-1181
Fax: +49(0)8334/601-194

Kommanditgesellschaft
Sitz: 87787 Wolfertschwenden
Amtsgericht Memmingen - HRA 8040
Persoenlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
Multivac Sepp Haggenmueller Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
Sitz: 87787 Wolfertschwenden
Amtsgericht Memmingen - HRB 10253
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Hans-Joachim Boekstegers (Sprecher), Christian Traumann

http://www.multivac.de