From Jan Tošovský <j.tosov...@tiscali.cz>
Subject RE: Portrait rotation
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2009 15:32:56 GMT
Hi Helder,

thanks for your patience.

> It's still unclear (at least to me) what are you trying to do.

The SVG file in my case is a versatile template. There is a rectangle area
for embedding the external bitmap graphics and its properties are set to
scale down or up the reffered image to the whole available area. What is
larger it is cropped. I cannot use any hardcoded rotation transformation as
it isn't known which one image will need rotation (it will be processed in a
batch).

Sample svg can be obtained here: http://nio.astronomy.cz/batik/poster.svg -
although the reffered image is a portrait image (with proper Exif rotation
info), it is placed as landscape. The result of rasterization is here:
http://nio.astronomy.cz/batik/poster.jpg (the same as in Firefox), but
expected result is here:
http://nio.astronomy.cz/batik/poster_portrait_in_lanscape_area.jpg

> Thing is Batik isn't exactly an image viewer so, without investigating
> properly, I'd say that the Exif orientation metadata [2] might not be
> supported.

I was afraid that it is unsupported. It is pity...

Jan