From Jan Tošovský <j.tosov...@tiscali.cz>
Subject Rasterizing of SVG file with the linked graphics fails if CMYK icc profile is specified
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2009 23:42:55 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I try rasterize my SVG file - it is composed from simple vector objects and
linked JPEG images. It is generated via script so I have full control over
it. It will be printed on commercial press so I try to use CMYK colors and
to apply the same ICC profile to the linked sRGB images.

I have defined cmyk profile in defs section:
<svg:color-profile name="cmyk" rendering-intent="perceptual"
xlink:href="EuropeISOCoatedFOGRA27.icc"/>

If the color of any vector object is specified using "rgb(255, 0, 0)
icc-color(cmyk, 0, 1, 1, 0)", it works fine (to tell the truth, while colors
in PDF file are great, in JPEG output they are quite shifted - red has more
magenta for example).

I've tried to specify color-profile to one linked JPEG file using
color-profile="cmyk" (similarly to colorProfile.svg in Example files, but
with CMYK profile), but during rasterizing to JPEG or PDF I am getting error
Input image and asociated color profile have mismatching number of color
components: conversion is not possible.

Does it mean that such operation is impossible? Or should I set something
else?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Jan