From Julleofa <julle...@yahoo.com>
Subject text/tspan mouse events change when zoomed in
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 07:03:09 GMT

Hi,

I have created SVG that has some text elements in it. Under text element I
have several tspan elements. Initially only one tspan element is visible,
I’m using the visibility attribute for this, but when user moves mouse over
the visible tspan element (onmouseover) this tspan element is hidden and
others are made visible. When mouse is moved away (onmouseout) this element
is made visible again and others are hidden.

Everything works as supposed until I zoom in to the SVG. Mouseover works
fine again but once I mouseout nothing happens. If I mouseover again the
mouseout script is run. So every other time I mouseover the mouseover script
is run and every other time mouseout script is run.

This is quite baffling. Since I couldn’t find any errors on my code I did
some experimenting. I created script that changes elements fill attribute.
Then I attached this script to path elements mouseover and mouseout events.
To my supprise this worked correctly both before zooming and during zooming.

To be certain I attached same script to previously mentioned text element.
When not zoomed in everything worked fine. After zooming in neither
mouseover nor mouseout had any effect to text. By chance I clicked on the
text and then the script was run.

To me it seems zooming in messes up text and tspan elements event handling.
Has anybody else ever heard of his kind of strange behaviour? Is there any
way to fix this or go around it?

Thanks.

Juha