From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UnsupportedOperationException in SVN revision 746293
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 19:40:01 GMT
Hi Sebastian and Thomas,

Thomas DeWeese wrote:
> Right this is a regression.  It's a bug and it should be fixed.
> I actually don't like the call to addAll since it requires creating
> a List from an Array which will likely be more expensive than the
> loop since we use a linked list.

@Dieter von Holten: could this be taken a look at? Given that you have
introduced the change, considering Thomas argumentation (two messages
ago) and that several "addAll" were introduced in revision 720261, I'm
not sure if the regression extension was to "MarkerShapePainter.java"
or if something else was affected... :-|

Sebastian Queißer wrote:
> Thank you for your detailed explanation, now I understand your concerns.
> But I'm not quite sure if unit testing really makes sense in this case.

I'm pretty convinced it does -- at least, to try helping avoid
regressions... ;-)  I'm currently trying to setup regard for regular
runs of the tool and apparently the test was already covered: at
least, I got several exceptions (apart from the image comparison
alarms) thrown in a single execution. To be further investigated...

Regards,
 Helder