From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Portrait rotation
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 00:58:02 GMT
Hi Jan

> I've tried Batik rasterizer to convert my SVG file with embeded portrait
> image (taken from rotated digital camera), but resulted JPEG image is
> without rotation, rasterized as normal landscape image. AFAIK there is no
> option to switch this on. I am missing something? Now I use another tool for
> resaving such image, but it affects the final quality. Thank for any ideas.

Am not sure about the use case here... Do you intend to do a lossless
JPEG rotation [1] [2] [3]? If that's not the case, to rotate an
embedded image one can use the transform [4] property set in a
container element [5]. Sample follows:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
  <title>image rotation sample</title>
  <g transform="rotate(-45)">
    <image x="0" y="0" width="100px" height="100px"
xlink:href="my100x100image.jpeg">
  </g>

Maybe it's me who's missing something -- if none of this was the
intended idea, please provide more details, maybe accompanied by a
sample or two, in order to get more valuable feedback.

Hope this helps,
 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://www.ammara.com/support/technologies/lossless-jpeg-rotation.html
[2] http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/digitalimaging/f/rotatequality.htm