From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing out SVGs setting the 1.1 doctype
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:11:38 GMT
Hi Paul,

> Is there a way to indicate that it should use SVG 1.1 doctype and not the
> (default?) SVG 1.0 doctype? Or do I really need to use the transcoder for
> this?

I'm not familiar enough with the SVG generator to properly answer your
question but you may try to set the version [1] in your document
element (to "1.1", in this case) and see if it tricks the generator
into the desired mode.

> By the way, the original document I am reading and modifying _does_ have
> SVG 1.1 doctype.

Maybe the document doesn't have the version property set? If so, I
don't know how Batik deals with that. But, then again, I'm just
guessing... ;-)

Hope this helps,
 Helder

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#SVGElementVersionAttribute