From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add an id to elements providing meta information
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:49:10 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

> When trying to add an id attribute to elements just created using
> SVGGraphics2D, all elements get deleted. This is caused by the method
> getRoot() which calls getRoot(null). But why?

I didn't investigate this properly before replying but, while taking a
glance at the documentation [1], it sounds like you may not be doing
the right thing (this snippet is from the "How to view the generated
SVG document" [2] section):

        // Populate the document root with the generated SVG content.
        Element root = doc.getDocumentElement();
        g.getRoot(root);

Can you provide more information on your work flow (generating
graphics information, modifying, displaying, etc.) or a more detailed
code snippet?

Hope this helps,
 Helder

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/using/svg-generator.html