From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extract more than 1000 areas fron svg
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:38:20 GMT
Hi Sergey,

> I have big SVG file about 2300x3200 dimension and I want get little areas
> from it and save them to jpg but my problem is in slow transcode of each
> area.

You don't provide much background: are you using the SVG Rasterizer
[1] for this...?

> I think this trouble because every time all svg file upload to memory. How
> can I save it in memory until getting areas.

Probably to support this somehow specific use pattern you'll need to
extend Batik, so that it holds the SVG document while producing the
several interest areas raster versions. Why not consider a
contribution afterward? ;-)

I recall a few related possibly rasterizer related threads so you may
want to spend a bit more searching the archives (I find Nabble [2] a
bit more user friendly than the official archive [3]). I assume you
already tried doing it, of course [4]. ;-)

Finally, you may consider using the Rasterizer Ant task [5] for that
(as you haven't gave any information, I must make a guess that you are
not). Although I haven't confirmed, I imagine it probably doesn't
support several areas per image, but this may boost the performance
quite a bit as the Java runtime engine will be kept in memory - using
the rasterizer [1] you will have the additional overhead of loading
the JVM for each image.

Please provide more information on what you intend and how are you
trying to accomplish it in order to get more valuable feedback. :-)

Hope this helps,
 Helder

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/tools/rasterizer.html
[2] http://www.nabble.com/Batik-f308.html