From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javadoc links to w3.org broken?
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:40:58 GMT
Hi Alan,

> I have noticed that in the javadoc that comes with Batik, all the links to
> www.w3.org are broken.   Is there a plan to fix this?

Not all, at least some [1] seem to be working. ;-)

The DOM package [2] seems to be missing the whole SVG subtree, though...

> Also, so far I haven't found where they are supposed to be pointing to.

According to a previous thread in the mailing list [3], Cameron
intended to do something about this: are there any updates?

As we're at it (speaking of JavaDoc):
 * The footer [3] seems to be corrupted (probably the copyright
character is being used directly, whereas the HTML entity (&copy;)
should probably be used instead;
 * The footer could hold a link to the ASF homepage [5] (something
like '<a href="http://www.apache.org/">Apache Software
Foundation</a>').

Should these minor changes be put in a patch?

Regards,
 Helder

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/javadoc/org/apache/batik/dom/package-summary.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2003/01/dom2-javadoc/org/w3c/dom/
[3] http://www.nabble.com/introducing-myself%2C-and-a-few-questions-ts12286928.html#a12326387
[4] Copyright ? 2008 Apache Software Foundation. All Rights Reserved.
[5] http://www.apache.org/