From Paul Wellner Bou <p...@purecodes.org>
Subject Unicode entity resolved on reading document
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:18:46 GMT
Hello,

I am reading an SVG document using this code:

     String parser= XMLResourceDescriptor.getXMLParserClassName();
     SAXSVGDocumentFactory f= new SAXSVGDocumentFactory(parser);
     String uri= sourcefile.toURI().toString();
     Document doc= f.createDocument(uri);

Now, there are some unicode characters in the document escaped by their
entities:

	<glyph unicode="&#xFC;" horiz-adv-x="1026" d="..."/>

But in the resulting document this is replaced with "ΓΌ". I don't want
this, as I don't want to touch the original document in any way -- just
the necessary modifications.

Is there a way to prevent the SAXSVGDocumentFactory from replacing these
entities?

Thanks and regards
Paul.