From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject RE: Rasterizing of SVG file with the linked graphics fails if CMYK icc profile is specified
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:01:54 GMT
Hi Jan,

Jan To?ovsk√Ĺ <j.tosovsky@tiscali.cz> wrote on 03/30/2009 01:13:46 PM:

> Yes, JPEG has only RGB channels.
>
> BTW, I've supposed (maybe wrong) if CMYK ICC profile is applied to RGB
image
> (offset printing in my case), it will be displayed on monitor (or
exported
> to any format) similarly to the printed output (~ soft proof).

   No, this use of icc-profiles is to specify what color space the
data in the file is really described in.  In other words it's for
specifying an input profile, you want to specify an output profile.

> > (although it's also possible that our JPEG reader doesn't
> > know how to load 4 channels).
>
> For those who are interested, if JPEG is converted into CMYK:
> - in Photoshop: it is read in Batik, but on my PC both JPEG and PDF
outputs
> are in negative.

   Did you try applying the ICC profile in this case?

> It discouraged me from trying to make very basic 'soft proof' of SVG
file in
> Batik. I'll use RGB images.

   Sorry, It would be difficult to make Batik support images with anything
other than 3 color bands.