From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Rasterizing of SVG file with the linked graphics fails if CMYK icc profile is specified
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:08:35 GMT
Hi Jan,

Jan To?ovsk√Ĺ <j.tosovsky@tiscali.cz> wrote on 03/28/2009 07:42:55 PM:

> I've tried to specify color-profile to one linked JPEG file using
> color-profile="cmyk" (similarly to colorProfile.svg in Example files,
but
> with CMYK profile)[...]

     I don't think Batik supports 4 channel colorspaces for Raster content
(for a number of SVG features I think this would be undefined, in
particular
Filters and Masks).

> but during rasterizing to JPEG or PDF I am getting error
> Input image and asociated color profile have mismatching number of color
> components: conversion is not possible.

> Does it mean that such operation is impossible? Or should I set
something
> else?

   I should say that the above error sounds like your JPEG doesn't
have 4 channels (although it's also possible that our JPEG reader doesn't
know how to load 4 channels).