From Jan Tošovský <j.tosov...@tiscali.cz>
Subject RE: Support for Adobe Pro opentype fonts
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 18:27:59 GMT
Hi Helder,

>  * Java and/or Batik may have issues with OpenType font support -- I
> guess FontForge supports converting between font formats so you may
> consider converting to a TTF font and see if it works around the
> problem;

thanks for the tip!

>  * In terms of cross-implementation support, TTF fonts seem to be the
> best approach.

Yes. I can confirm ;-)

> Note that some of these alternatives (specially regarding font
> conversion/export) can intuitively pose legal issues in font usage

I remember one discussion somewhere on font forum where export to other
format or even extension of character set was considered as legal, but I
must investigate it more. I am not sure but I also read somewhere that such
conversion should be done by vendor with no additional cost.

Jan