From Jan Tošovský <j.tosov...@tiscali.cz>
Subject RE: Support for Adobe Pro opentype fonts
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:38:59 GMT
> You might consider using font-face (or CSS @font-face)

Good idea, thanks! This solution is even better then present one.
Unfortunately, it works with limited charset only. I can get output of
extended latin alphabet with accented characters, but nothing from range
interesting for me: approx. &#xF628-F7FF

> Batik uses the following code to discover the fonts installed
> import java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment;
> GraphicsEnvironment env;
> env = GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment();
> String[] fontNames = env.getAvailableFontFamilyNames();

To my surprise none of Adobe font is listed this way! There are also missing
all Type 1 fonts. It is obvious that NetBeans uses different approach as
there these fonts are listed in font selection dialog.

Jan