From Jan Tošovský <j.tosov...@tiscali.cz>
Subject RE: Support for Adobe Pro opentype fonts
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:19:48 GMT
> > The main aim is to use true capital letters and lowercase numbers
> > to enhance final look.

> Although a bit unrelated, you may also consider playing with font
> properties such as font-variant [1] and alignment-baseline [2]

Thanks for the info, but font-variant seems to be unsupported in Batik. On
the other hand, I am afraid it would be shrinking of standard capital
letters only, not selecting of available small-caps characters from the font
(if present). Garamond Pro has those true capital letters. The difference
between those small-caps is well described for example here [1], but real
difference depends on individual point of view - my is probably too strict
:-)

Jan

_________
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_caps