From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: javadoc links to w3.org broken?
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 02:39:38 GMT
Hi Alan, Helder.

Alan Deikman:
> > I have noticed that in the javadoc that comes with Batik, all the links to
> > www.w3.org are broken.   Is there a plan to fix this?

Helder Magalhães:
> Not all, at least some [1] seem to be working. ;-)
>
> The DOM package [2] seems to be missing the whole SVG subtree, though...

Since removing the org.w3c.dom.svg interfaces from the Batik source
tree, and instead referencing xml-apis-ext.jar from Apache XML Commons,
there haven’t been links to those interfaces.  I tried to get the
Javadoc published somewhere on www.w3.org, just like the DOM Level 2
ones are, but to no avail yet.  When SVG 1.1 Second Edition is published
(within a couple of months, I expect), hopefully the Javadocs will be
published too, and we can get the Batik ones to link to w3.org.

> As we're at it (speaking of JavaDoc):
>  * The footer [3] seems to be corrupted (probably the copyright
> character is being used directly, whereas the HTML entity (&copy;)
> should probably be used instead;

The character is specified as &#169; in build.xml.  I guess it is an
encoding issue somewhere, but not sure where.  I’ll try using the
-docencoding option to the javadoc tool to ensure that the output is
UTF-8.

>  * The footer could hold a link to the ASF homepage [5] (something
> like '<a href="http://www.apache.org/">Apache Software
> Foundation</a>').

That should be easy enough to do.

> Should these minor changes be put in a patch?

I’ll try republishing the javadoc with the above changes right now.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/