From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: Problem with Curve.subdivide
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2009 09:22:39 GMT
Hi Helder.

Helder Magalhães:
> I seems like this change could have fixed visible errors so, as this
> didn't go through the usual bug reporting procedure, I'd say this
> NeedsReleaseNote [1]. ;-)

I don’t think we’ve used that keyword before.  In fact, we don’t tend to
use the keywords at all in Bugzilla for Batik.  The small number of
developers means we probably don’t need much process overhead.

> I'm not sure if, before releasing a new version commits are throughly
> analyzed, though for (potentially) missing things in "CHANGES": I've
> never got to quite understood if there's a procedure for this -- I've
> looked at file "MAINTAIN" but nothing relevant was found
> (nevertheless, step 8 of "Distribution Creation" seems somehow
> related).

For the 1.6 and 1.7 releases, I went through all the commits since the
previous release and updated the CHANGES file.  Recently, I have been
making sure to update CHANGES as I go, to avoid having to do that.  It
shouldn’t be hard to come up with a list of commits that didn’t touch
CHANGES, and only look at those, so if CHANGES isn’t updated as fixes
are checked in, I guess it’s not a big problem.

> Should a similar tip (analyze commits before releasing a new
> version) be added to the MAINTAIN file?

I just tweaked the wording of step 8 there to say to update CHANGES
before a release.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/