From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Support for Adobe Pro opentype fonts
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:03:57 GMT
Please note that the situation is different with FOP. FOP has its own
font subsystem. It doesn't rely on what AWT provides (except for the
Java2D/AWT based output formats). Still, I haven't had any of those
professional OpenType fonts in my grasp. I doubt that FOP would be much
better at using these than AWT. Bertrand Delacrétaz worked on improving
that some time ago but he also had to stop early, unfortunately.

On 17.04.2009 21:47:39 Helder Magalhães wrote:
<snip/>
> > So I have to convert all font variants into TTF...
> > ... and to file a new feature request to Java developers :-)
>
> Maybe not -- the same post [1] states that Apache FOP should have
> support for these (maybe Jeremias can provide some input here). As the
> post is a few years old, I'm not sure if Batik already integrated that
> functionality and this may be as well be a bug in the OpenType support
> implementation and/or the font(s) may not conform to the OpenType
> specification...

<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki