From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using setSVGCanvasSize after JComponent's paint
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:25:29 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

> what’s the reason I can use setSVGCanvasSize from SVGGraphics2D, when
> calling painting operations like drawRect? But using setSVGCanvasSize after
> (or before) an invocation of JComponent’s paint with an instance of
> SVGGraphics2D it happens nothing.

Simply saying something doesn't work generally doesn't increase the
chances you'll get valuable feedback (usually even has the opposite
effect [1])... ;-)

You don't state several things (somehow basic and almost required in
order for someone to be able to help) :
 * Have you properly crawled [2] for an answer? The online
documentation [3] is pretty good in that subject and contains several
working samples; the mailing lists may also already contain similar
issues addressed. :-)
 * With which Batik release (or revision) is this occurring?
 * Environment you are using such as JDK vendor and version, operating
system, etc.;
 * ...

While not intending to negatively criticize you (at all, but some
don't interpret constructive criticism properly), I'd invite you to
read the full text of that excellent "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
essay [4] -- I learned a lot! :-)

Or maybe you just didn't ask in a clear enough way...?

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Sebastian

Hope this helps,
 Helder Magalhães