From Paul Wellner Bou <p...@purecodes.org>
Subject Strange entity behaviour: Omitting last character
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 11:55:12 GMT
Hello,

again, I have a problem with the entities. I saw last time, that it is
not possible to prevent entities from beeing replaced with their real value.

So why are single quotes ' within attributes replaced with their entity?
Can I prevent them from beeing replaced?

And why is batik omitting the last character if it has to do something
with entities? For example:

* If I try to set an attribute to &#xFC; (I did that before I knew that
all entities are replaced every time), As result I get: &amp;#xFC. The &
is replaced with it's entity, this is ok, but the semicolon disappeared.

* If I have single quotes in attribute values (Adobe Illustrator seems
to do this writing the font names), those single quotes are replaced
with their entity &apos; and the last character of the string within the
  single quotes disappears:

	Original: font-family="'ArialNarrow-Bold'"
	Batik written: font-family="&apos;ArialNarrow-Bol&apos;"

I am using Batik-1.8pre. Is this a known bug?

Regards
Paul.