From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject RE: Support for Adobe Pro opentype fonts
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 21:17:10 GMT
Hi Jan,

Jan To?ovsk√Ĺ <j.tosovsky@tiscali.cz> wrote on 04/13/2009 04:50:04 PM:

> > How are you referencing the font?
>
> <svg:g style="font-size:2;text-anchor:middle;font-family:Adobe Garamond
Pro">

   You might consider using font-face (or CSS @font-face) to
reference the font file directly.  This could avoid the 'what is it
called'
issue (it also means the font doesn't need to be installed on the system).
You can take a look at 'samples/tests/spec/fonts/fontFace.svg'.

> I am worry it is problem with proper font name, but I don't know which
is
> the right one...

   Batik uses the following code to discover the fonts installed on the
system, you could make a small program and run it to find out what the
font is called by Java.

        import java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment;

        GraphicsEnvironment env;
        env = GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment();
        String[] fontNames = env.getAvailableFontFamilyNames();