From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Support for Adobe Pro opentype fonts
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:38:22 GMT
Hi Jan,

Jan To?ovsk√Ĺ <j.tosovsky@tiscali.cz> wrote on 04/10/2009 07:07:19 PM:

> now I am trying to use special characters available in Adobe fonts in my
SVG
> file, but after rasterizing into JPEG or PDF file the specified font
(Adobe
> Garamond Pro) is replaced by default one and there are boxes instead my
> characters.

   How are you referencing the font?

> The main aim is to use true capital letters and lowercase numbers to
enhance
> final look. These glyph alternates are in the font, they are correctly
> specified in source SVG file (using character entities, for example
> lowercase zero &#xF643;), they are displayed correctly in Adobe SVG
viewer,
> little worse in Firefox, but in Batik with no luck.
>
> Is there any chance to utilize these quite expensive and professional
fonts
> in Batik?

   Batik should support any font that the JVM supports, if the JVM doesn't
support the font Batik won't either.  The supported font formats also
change
with JVM versions, so if you aren't using the latest version of Java you
might
try upgrading to see if that helps.