From oroadfc <oroa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Different behaviour of SVGGraphics2D with same program on similar machines
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 19:39:17 GMT

oroadfc wrote:

> thomas.deweese wrote:
>>
>>    Typically if you get a bitmap blob that means that you are 'recording'
>> Swing's offscreen bitmap cache.  You can turn that off in Swing
>> (JComponent.setDoubleBuffered).  I think there is some sort of
>> heuristic around when/if Swing decides to use double buffering.
>>
>>    I'd also suggest you use batik.svggen.SwingSVGPrettyPrint to do this
>> since it will take care of issues like the above for you.
>>

> Thanks for the hint, it sounds plausible as everything between the
> machines in java + code terms is identical, I'll try it out later by
> disabling double buffering
>
> I've tried the SwingSVGPrettyPrint, the thing is on a Window object I can
> call w.paint (SVGGraphics2D) and get the whole shebang (including menu
> bar, and window decorations if I've enabled lookandfeel based JFrame
> decorations) - whereas SwingSVGPrettyPrint demands JComponents which don't
> appear until below a frame's ContentPane container (and if that holds
> multiple JComponents as direct children you have to draw chunks of the
> interface separately as well)

Yup, you were on the money

        RepaintManager currentManager =
        	  RepaintManager.currentManager(w);
        boolean dBufferOn = currentManager.isDoubleBufferingEnabled();
        currentManager.setDoubleBufferingEnabled(false);

        w.paint (svgGenerator);
        currentManager.setDoubleBufferingEnabled (dBufferOn);

wrapping a change in the repaintmanager double buffering strategy round my
paint call has solved this

Thanks!