From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Calling Javascript From Inside An Applet
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 10:08:15 GMT
Hi Gary,

gary.belcher@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 09/06/2009 04:47:16 PM:

> I can get my applet to successfully call the show_alert()
> Javascript method in my HTML page if I add an onclick listener for the
> circle within my applet's code, but I am also still receiving the
> "show_alert() is not defined" message along with the below stack trace:

   So Batik doesn't do anything to try and unify the JavaScript in your
SVG File with the HTML.  So they are running in separate Java script
interpreters.

   You might want to read the following site to see how you can
bridge between your applet and the JavaScript in the HTML page:

http://www.raditha.com/java/javascript.php

> There seems to be something else that is being triggered when it detects
> mouse click on the circle, but I can't find a way to intercept/override
> this and call my own code.

   What do you mean? we are calling your onClick handler.