From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Unknown language: text/ecmascript [Precisions inside: problem with DOMUtilities]
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:22:54 GMT
Hi Mathieu,

Mathieu Pedrero <mathieu.pedrero@gmail.com> wrote on 09/03/2009 05:06:55
AM:

>     public Molasson() {

> // I add this document to the canvas, and the canvas to the panel.
>         canvas.setDocument(document);
>         jPanel1.add(canvas);

    It's not likely to be the problem, but it's _much_ better to
add the canvas to the panel before you set the document on it.

>         String documentString =
DOMUtilities.getXML(document.getDocumentElement());

>         Document document2 = (Document)
DOMUtilities.parseXML(documentString,null,null,null,null,f);

    Can I suggest, you use the following instead:

         Document document2 = (Document)
DOMUtilities.parseXML(documentString,null,
    jfc.getSelectedFile().toURI().toString(),null,null,f);

    This will ensure the document as a 'base URI' associated with it
in case it needs to resolve relative URL's.

> java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.
> getInterpreter(BridgeContext.java:566)

   Can you send what your version of the Batik Source has at
BridgeContext.java line 566?