From "HODAC, Olivier" <OLIVIER.HO...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: SVG update performances over X11 export display
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:24:00 GMT
Great!

I am watching the sources of Batik, but I cannot get the behaviour:

When I suspendRedraw, my invokeLater calls piles up the runnables in the runnableQueue. But
when I release (unsuspend), what happends?
I suppose the update manager unpiles the runnables. Does the repaint made only once when the
queue is empty? It is not clear...

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Helder Magalhães [mailto:helder.magalhaes@gmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 30 novembre 2009 14:53
À : batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Objet : Re: SVG update performances over X11 export display

Hi Olivier,

> Is there a way to do this with the batik framework:
>
> beginBatchModifications()
> thread1 -> getUpdateRunnableQueue().invokeLater(runnable1)
> thread2 -> getUpdateRunnableQueue().invokeLater(runnable2)
> thread3 -> getUpdateRunnableQueue().invokeLater(runnable3)
> thread2 -> getUpdateRunnableQueue().invokeLater(runnable4)
> thread1 -> getUpdateRunnableQueue().invokeLater(runnable5)
> endBatch()
>

> so that I will not have to manage my synchronized queue of runnable and ensure the repaint
is performed by the endBatch?

Well, SVG has the "(un)suspendRedraw" [1] methods, which Batik
implements [2]. ;-)

Hope this helps,
 Helder

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/struct.html#DOMInterfaces
[2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/javadoc/org/apache/batik/dom/svg/SVGSVGContext.html

This mail has originated outside your organization, either from an external partner or the
Global Internet.

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used
by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as
it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message
or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software
but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message
and any attachments are virus free.