From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View SVG Image problem?
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 00:30:57 GMT
Hi krunchie,

> I want to view SVG image but when I run my code I got exception
>
> This is my code, what is wrong? How I can view simple SVG image - please
> help me?
>
>                JSVGCanvas jsvgc = new JSVGCanvas();
>                jsvgc.setURI(new java.io.File("D:\\Documents and
> Settings/Czgrada_try_1.svg").toURL().toString());
>                panel2.add(jsvgc);

Note that you provide too little information: no operating system,
Java version, Batik version, etc.. Trying to look at this single
snippet, though I'd say it seems OK.

> this is exception:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/awt/image/renderable/RenderableImage

A quick search on this symptom lead to the likely issue: it seems like
you are using GNU Classpath (Java implementation), which is not yet
compatible with Batik (or the way around). Take a look at a tightly
related Wiki page [1]. Also, you will likely find more information by
crawling the mailing list [2] for this (i recall a couple of threads
on the subject).

Please reply with more information if that's not the case.

Hope this helps,
 Helder

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/GnuClasspathCompatibility
[2] http://www.nabble.com/Batik-f308.html