From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Mouse Interaction behavior
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:03:14 GMT
Hi Renaud,

   BTW this discussion should really take place on batik-users since it
doesn't involve
development of Batik.

Renaud AUBIN <renaud.aubin@gmail.com> wrote on 11/19/2009 02:58:28 PM:

> Is there a way to do that at a lower level to optimize the processing?

    Feel free to inspect the code that currently does the intersection
testing at:
        batik.bridge.SVGSVGElementBridge

    I don't think you will find significant optimizations in that
code.

> If not, any clues about where the geometrical processing is really
> done are welcomed!

    What you might consider doing (at the cost of memory) would be
to 'duplicate' your lines with a wider stroke (probably using a 'use'
element).  You can make the duplicate invisible (fill="none"
stroke="none")
but still sensitive to mouse events (pointer-events="all").

batik-dev-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org