From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: animate an element
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 13:58:54 GMT
Hi Dao,

dao <dao.hodac@gmail.com> wrote on 01/06/2010 09:17:33 AM:

> hello, I am running into a problem while attempting to animate an
object.

> I create an animation object using batik and I add this to my
> ALWAYS_DYNAMIC canvas. The dump of the XML is like that after the
append:

    What do you get if you call:
        String an = animateElem.getAttributeNS(null, "attributeName");

    I see that in your 'dump' it looks OK, but the dump can easly not
represent the details of the DOM in memory.

    Can you post the code you use to create the animate element?

> I get this exception. What's wrong with me?

> org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException: file:/C:/Users/to81028/
> runtime-EclipseApplication/aet/image/toto.svg:0
> The attribute "" of the element <g> is not animatable
>     at

   This means that in the animation bridge the getAttributeNS call
above is returning either null or "" (not entirely sure which).
Are you perhaps appending the element before setting all of it's
attributes?

> org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGAnimationElementBridge.initializeAnimation
> (SVGAnimationElementBridge.java:213)
>     at
> org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGAnimationElementBridge.handleElement
> (SVGAnimationElementBridge.java:154)
>     at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode
> (GVTBuilder.java:198)
>     at
org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(GVTBuilder.java:171)