From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating an image on the fly from a servlet
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 19:24:07 GMT
Hi Jan,

> I finally got it. Weird. It isn’t still clear enough to me, but...
>
> If the image is being saved from a browser (FF & MSIE), the servlet is
> launched AGAIN. In this another request there are MISSING original
> parameters, so in my case it is catched and no output is written into the
> output. I didn’t revealed this behaviour during the previous debugging as
> this file intended to save was taken from a browser cache and the second run
> of my servlet wasn’t invoked.

While this is going somehow off-scope (of Batik), I'd hint towards the
double-download behavior being caused by lack of a cache policy
(provided by HTTP headers [1]). I'm not sure if I understand the
"MISSING original parameters" part, though. (It would be expected that
the original request would be reproduced when attempting to save the
file. At least, it made sense...)

Hope this helps,
 Helder

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec13.html