From Robert Gaschen <rgasc...@parkergaschen.com>
Subject Javascript and Batik Applet
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 19:50:16 GMT
For too many bureaucratic, security and policy reasons I have been
tasked to create an javascript based SVG viewer for IE.  I've been able
to get the applet demo from the 1.7 distribution to display one of our
more complex images, but all onclick events trigger the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mozilla/javascript/WrappedException
         at
org.apache.batik.script.rhino.RhinoInterpreterFactory.createInterpreter(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.script.InterpreterPool.createInterpreter(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.getInterpreter(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.BaseScriptingEnvironment.getInterpreter(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.BaseScriptingEnvironment.loadScripts(UnknownSource)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager.dispatchSVGLoadEvent(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager.dispatchSVGLoadEvent(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGLoadEventDispatcher.run(Unknown Source)
         . . .

The onclick events just need to pass a single value to the applet :

<rect onclick="report('i12653');" . . . .

I've spent a fair amount of time researching and trying different
solutions, but nothing has worked so far.

My class path includes
batik-dom.jar, batik-swing.jar, batik-util.jar, batik-awt-util.jar,
batik-bridge.jar, batik-css.jar, batik-ext.jar, batik-gvt.jar,
batik-parser.jar, batik-script.jar, batik-svg-dom.jar, batik-xml.jar,
xml-apis-dom3.jar and js.jar

Any guidance, direction or samples would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Gaschen
Senior Systems Analyst.