From Michael Jurke <ju...@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: resizing SWT embedded JSVGCanvas
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:07:29 GMT
On 27.04.2010 12:46, thomas.deweese@kodak.com wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Jurke<jurke@zedat.fu-berlin.de>  wrote on 04/27/2010 06:27:11 AM:
>

>> After resizing, batik rendering get's strange behavior. Sometimes, on smaller window,
parts get rendered doubled on the downside or cheesy background stays somehow. Sometimes rendering
stucks completely although the UpdateManager works. Making the window big again, somehow magically
repairs the rendering.

>     If I had to guess something goes bad in the SWT<->Swing connection
> on resize.  My best guess would be the problem is related to our update
> handling.  In particular you might look at JSVGComponent in particular
> the 'updateCompleted' method (~line 1971).  I could imagine that the
> 'repaint' and/or paintImmediately could have problems, especially given
> the use of invokeAndWait.

Ok, I try to search for it.

>     You might see if doing a simple repaint of everything avoids the
> issues (this would be less efficient but much more efficient than
> setting the whole document).

Unfortunately repaint doesn't help. Actually the behavior is little
deterministic. In some composite constallations the problem of wrong
rendering of some parts somewhere gets solved, but still batik dynamic
rendering gets stucked.

So if anyone has an idea just how to revive it, would be great and solve
my main problem! What worked out for example was to set deactivate the
layout manager, set the JSVGCanvas size to 0 and back, reactivate and to
call repaint or to change and set the document again. ;)

Regards,
Michael