From Michael Jurke <ju...@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: resizing SWT embedded JSVGCanvas
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:04:34 GMT
Hi again,

I found out there are different problems when using Direct3D or openGL
(vm argument -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true) for rendering. Doubled rendering
of parts of the image appears with D3D only, with openGL I get some
vertical shaking when resizing (not horizontal, strange). Furthermore,
moving the shell doesn't update the openGL image - on move yes, but
after drawing a line again the image is still where it used to be before
the shell's position got changed (can be fixed by an extra listener).
It's okay for me to use openGL only, maybe anyone has an idea how to
correct the shaking or there might be a better solution when moving the
shell? Finally, still the batik rendering get's stucked, so hopefully
anybody has an idea how can I revive it without having to use strange
workarounds?
Or already a solution for me - if anybody has an idea - where how to
know whether rendering got stucked, it would be very, very great!!! So I
could check and call setDocument only when there is a problem.

About the code, going throw line by line in different threads, first I
found a reason for flickering:
AbstractJGVTComponent.paintComponent() calls g2d.fillRect with the
background color before painting the image. Why? Wouldn't it be much
better to paint on the image first - isn't this meant by double
buffering? It seems to be an error.

With D3D getRenderRect() sometimes seems to return some wrong values,
also the image is not updated properly (results in painting the same
image on different locations on small windows). However, as openGL is
preferable for us anyway I now have to search the reason for shaking
vertically.

Thanks a lot for any help!
Regards
Michael