From Julien Beghin <minimoi1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: OutOfMemoryError when loading applet several times
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:15:08 GMT

Hello Frederic !

I have same problems when using batik, or Squiggle to open big SVG.

What we did was only to change memory parameters of JVM. -Xms128m -Xmx256m for instance.

It works with that, and I hope that it will help you.

Maybe you should also "nullify" all unused ressources if there are...

To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: OutOfMemoryError when loading applet several times
From: thomas.deweese@kodak.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 06:10:09 -0400

Hi Frederic,

LASSINOT Frédéric - NAN <frederic.lassinot@atosorigin.com> wrote on 07/02/2010 11:26:57
AM:

> The user connects and the application displays the page, the applet
> is loaded by the browser. The applet requests the SVG from a Servlet
> and then displays it using Batik.
> Then the user clicks on a link in the application or in the rendered
> SVG and the browser displays another page.
> Finally the user clicks on a link in the menu which redirects to the
> first page that loads the applet again.
> After repeating the same tasks several times (from 5 to 20, it
> depends) the applet crashes or waits indefinitely for the SVG.

   It sounds like something in your application isn't allowing the
Applet to get garbage collected.  Since nothing should be preserved
across Applet invocations I'm not sure what Batik would be doing to
cause the issue.

> Here is the stack trace for the crash (HEAP) :

        This isn't very useful since the real problem is the fact
that memory that was properly allocated isn't being freed by the
garbage collector.  You need to figure out what is blocking that
memory from being garbage collected.

Le nouveau Hotmail est presque arrivé, ne le manquez pas !
http://www.windowslive.fr/nouveau-hotmail/