From "Müller Clemens" <pangratz...@gmail.com>
Subject Map with overlapping Elements
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 14:11:35 GMT
Hello!

I am implementing a map with SVG which has some movable elements in it. Those elements change
their position over time and are basically some (more or less complex) svg's inside the root
svg. What I want to implement now is some kind of merging the elements, if two or more are
overlapping.

My approach would be to check every time an element is moved or the zooming is changed, wether
there are elements which' bounding box do overlap and if so, temporarily set their visibility
to false and create a new element which represents the merged one (also by indicating the
number of "merged" elements).

The problem is that I can't get the correct bounding box, depending on the current position
of the elements. What I'm trying to get is the bounding box of each element in relation to
the root SVG. Do you know how I can achieve my goal or do you know how to implement such a
feature??

Thanks.