From "Jan Tosovsky" <j.tosov...@tiscali.cz>
Subject Batik PDF 'rasterizer' rasterizes objects under the mask
Date Sun, 29 May 2011 21:44:49 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I rely on mask in my SVG image (simplified test case enclosed) but when it
is later converted into the PDF format, all the objects underneath that mask
are rasterized. Although the final quality can be set via the dpi attribute,
I would prefer vector nature of these objects (btw, it drastically reduces
the final file size). Is there any option or approach to avoid this
rasterizing? Or is this behaviour by design?

I use Batik 1.7. Actually I need it for FOP, but it uses Batik for SVG
processing I think.

Regards,
Jan