From "Jan Tosovsky" <j.tosov...@tiscali.cz>
Subject RE: Batik PDF 'rasterizer' rasterizes objects under the mask
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 20:13:54 GMT
Hello Cameron,

> > I rely on mask in my SVG image

> I see that your example actually uses a mask that is either fully
> on or fully off at every point. If that is representative of your
> actual uses of masks, you could replace that with a <clipPath>,
> which shouldn’t cause the content to be rasterised.

In reality my graphics is more complex and clip path wasn't sufficient for this case:

But a good note. I've realized that for PDF output there is no point in using the mask as
I use simplified SVG version (comparing to screen displays) so in this particular case I can
achieve the desired effect just by slight change of used design :-)

Regards,
Jan