From "Daniel Westheide" <daniel.westhe...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Parse SVG from String
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 05:33:11 GMT
Hello Lars,

> is it possible to parse a string containing SVG-tags to build the SVG
> document?
> SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument seems to take only an URI as
> argument.
> But I have the SVG content in form of a String which i want to display in
> JSVGCanvas.

You have to create a StringReader from your String and pass that to the SAXSVGDocumentFactory#createDocument(String,
Reader) method. The URI that you pass as the first parameter as a String will be the base
document URI of the SVG document. This should only be important if your SVG references any
external files.

Best regards,

Daniel