Hi Dennis,

Dennis Hendriks <D.Hendriks@tue.nl> wrote on 05/10/2011 10:35:13 AM:

> For a simulator I'm writing I'm using Batik to visualize the model being
> simulated. The simulator loads an SVG file and after each simulation steps,
> it calls some hooks that update the SVG document, and after that it redraws
> the canvas. The canvas paint event renders the graphics node to a
> BufferedImage, after which the data is passed to SWT to render it on the
> SWT canvas.

        What you say 'canvas' do you mean the Batik JSVGCanvas?  Or your personsal SWT Canvas?

> Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong, that causes nothing to be
> drawn? Under what circumstances could graphicsNode.paint(g) have the effect
> that nothing is drawn?

        It is essential that you not modify the document while a paint is in
progress.  If the renderer detects this condition it will generaly abort
since it's impossible to get a reasonable result.

        The only other thing I can think of would be if the clip (or other
attributes) of the Graphics2D was weird.